[OmniOS-discuss] r151012 nlockmgr fails to start

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Mon Oct 6 15:56:08 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Schweiss, Chip <chip at innovates.com> wrote:
>

> > Anyone else seeing this in r151012?
> >
> > Any tips on collecting better information on this would be appreciated.
>
> I saw this in once in 012, but not as persistently as you have.  It
> cleared up for me with a single reboot, but that may have just been because
> I got lucky w.r.t. statd.
>
> I take it "svcadm disable nlockmgr ; svcadm enable nlockmgr" doesn't help?

I didn't think to try that.  Tried rebooting, but that didn't help.  I was
already past my maintenance window, so I resorted to backing out to r151010.

> And as for output, I've seen in /var/adm/messages what you have, per the
> cited illumos bug (4518).

I wasn't aware of any new NFS changes that may have caused this to become
exaggerated in r151012.  But, it's not clear on what is triggering this bug
either.   On my larger pool systems with lots of NFS exports, almost every
reboot causes this and a 'svcadm clear' fixes it.

Is there something different that a disable and enable does?  I can likely
get a small window in the next few days to give it a try.

-Chip