[OmniOS-discuss] Anyone using Sun DHCP *server* still?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Oct 8 14:38:55 UTC 2014

On Oct 8, 2014, at 10:26 AM, Nikola M. <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, what are procedures in OmniOS, Btw, when some packages are removed, replaced etc?

We're in brand-new territory here, so to be honest, we don't have any procedures as of yet.  This bloody cycle (r151013) gives us a chance to work it out.  It's why I'm *asking*.

> Do you issue recommendations for migrating configurations, alternative packages to use and how to make them work and does distribution documentation change to reflect the change. (past certain release number)?

The illumos community has been under the impression that very few, if any, people use the Sun DHCP.  I'm asking here to confirm/deny that hunch.

Are you migrating from Sun DHCP to ISC DHCP?