[OmniOS-discuss] Anyone using Sun DHCP *server* still?

Magnus Hedemark magnus at yonderway.com
Thu Oct 9 03:06:39 UTC 2014

On Oct 8, 2014, at 10:38 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> We're in brand-new territory here, so to be honest, we don't have any procedures as of yet.  This bloody cycle (r151013) gives us a chance to work it out.  It's why I'm *asking*.

Just some unsolicited thoughts on how to navigate the new territory…

Maybe announce deprecated features in release notes, with a plan of intent for when a deprecated feature will be removed? That’s probably a more reliable way to get word out than the mailing list, so that people don’t get caught by surprise when they upgrade.

I’m not a user of this feature. No skin in that game. But this might be a good opportunity to figure out how to EOL legacy features in a way that users can plan around.

-M