[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS Logical Unit stuck in the offlining state with COMSTAR

sergei sergei25 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 21:22:46 UTC 2014

I'm having same issue with OmniOS v11 r151006. Found few threads on this
including
http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-March/000537.html and
https://illumos.org/issues/3621 but still can't figure out whats going on.
Basic symptoms are that some zvol-backed LUs can not be deleted. And
stmfadm list-lu -v <LU> reports LU state as "Offlining".

For what its worth we run same Dell R720xd as one of the earlier posters.

I would really appreciate few tips on how to resolve this or if COMSTAR /
stmf is more reliable in some other Illumos flavor ?

-S