[OmniOS-discuss] best guide to tftp ?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 07:51:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Michael Mounteney
<gate03 at landcroft.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello, I want to use OmniOS as a boot server for various Linux thin
> clients.  What's the most appropriate guide out there?  There's a few,
> referring to obsolete problems, other OSs etc.

Just tested and it works.

Searching for in.tftpd

# pkg search in.tftpd
INDEX      ACTION VALUE             PACKAGE
basename   file   usr/sbin/in.tftpd pkg:/service/network/tftp at 0.5.11-0.151012

# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
omnios                                origin   online
http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151012/

So you should just install the tftp package in the omnios publisher
and then activate the tftp service by editing inetd.conf and adding
the line:

tftp    dgram   udp6    wait    root    /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
in.tftpd -s /tftpboot

and then running the "inetconv" command. This will create an SMF
service, network/tftp/udp6.

Create  a /tftpboot dir in your omnios host and there you go. Edit the
pxe files like you are used to.

--
Groeten,
natxo