[OmniOS-discuss] Attention still-using r151006 users --> one last big kernel update

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Apr 3 19:42:59 UTC 2015

At the request of one of our customers, we've rebuilt the entirety of illumos-omnios for r151006 (no new features, just a clean-from-scratch rebuild) to address any possible concerns about mismatched kernel components lying around the the r151006 (aka. the old http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/release ) repo.

This will mean if you're an 006 user, you have a "pkg update" that'll require a reboot. There is nothing new in this update, save for a fresh build of ALL existing 006 components. This is not a backport of any later features beyond ones already done months ago. This is merely to (re)stabilize 006.  We highly recommend starting your migration to r151014, but this refresh is a stablizer in case you need more time.  In one year, r151006 support will entirely disappear.  Until then, it will receive ONLY security updates.

Thanks,
Dan McDonald -- OmniOS Engineering