[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS data corruption

Joerg Goltermann jg at osn.de
Mon Aug 17 12:04:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

we have the same problems. First time it occurs about 6 month
ago, I wrote several mails on the zfs list but I was not able
to solve the problem.

The last mail was http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.illumos.zfs/4883
I tried to debug the issue, but my zfs knowledge is not deep enough.

Hopefully we can solve this nasty thing now ....

In my case I am quite sure this is not a real corruption, it's a retry
with "strange" flags which caused my "errors". Maybe this IO is very
slow, which can cause problems on the hosts, but i have never seen
any real problems....

Kind regards,

Joerg Goltermann

On 16.08.2015 19:11, Stephan Budach wrote:
> Am 15.08.15 um 04:23 schrieb wuffers:
>> My scrub actually cleared the error, so I don't think it's similar.
>>
>> So my question remains.. is this block storage compromised or now
>> marked safe to use?
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org
>> <mailto:mir at miras.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:08:05 -0400
>>     wuffers <moo at wuffers.net <mailto:moo at wuffers.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     >
>>     > Should I trust this? I suppose that now that I've moved all the
>>     data on it
>>     > there can be no corruption at ZFS level (since I didn't find any
>>     hardware
>>     > issues in iostat or fmdump logs). Or would the consensus be to
>>     delete this,
>>     > recreate it and present it to VMware again?
>>     Are there any resemblance to this thread with subject:
>>     [OmniOS-discuss]
>>     ZFS/COMSTAR - zpool reports errors
>>
>>     --
>>     Hilsen/Regards
>>     Michael Rasmussen
>>
> So, did your first scrub reveal any error at all? Mine didn't and I
> suspect, that you issued a zpool clear prior to scrubbing, which made
> the errors go away on both of my two zpools…
>
> I'd say, that you had excatly the same error as me.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephan

OSN Online Service Nuernberg GmbH, Bucher Str. 78, 90408 Nuernberg
Tel: +49 911 39905-0 - Fax: +49 911 39905-55 - http://www.osn.de
HRB 15022 Nuernberg, USt-Id: DE189301263, GF: Joerg Goltermann