[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: How to use LSI's storcli?

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Wed Jan 21 07:33:48 UTC 2015

Hi!

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Från: Stephan Budach
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2015-01-20 23:21
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] How to use LSI's storcli?

Hi guys,

I am struggling to get storcli to work - well, not actually to work, but
to show me any of my 2907 HBAs, as storcli reports a number of 0
installed HBAs:

root at nfsvmpool02:/opt/MegaRAID/CLI# ./storcli show
Status Code = 0
Status = Success
Description = None

Number of Controllers = 0
Host Name = nfsvmpool02
Operating System  = SunOS5.11

So, how do I make use of it?

Isn't the StorCLI a tool for megaraid controllers?

If your controller is an HBA, it is not a megaraid controller. By the way, did you mean 9207-8i, when you wrote 2907-8i? LSISAS9207-8i is an HBA, and it is NOT a MegaRaid controller, so I guess it shouldn't show up in the StorCLI.

Why would you need the StorCLI?

Rgrds Johan

Thanks,
budy