[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: How to use LSI's storcli?

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Wed Jan 21 08:12:45 UTC 2015

Hi Johan,

Am 21.01.15 um 08:33 schrieb Johan Kragsterman:
> Hi!

Well, I thought that the MRM supported both the plain HBAs and the RAID
ones. Interestingly, on my Linux boxe both, the storcli and the MegaCLI
seem to be the same binary. Plus, when installing the MRM package with
all it's bells and whistles, my *actually* 9207-8i do show up in the UI
and can be managed. I just checked the readme from the MRM software
package and it specifically notes support for the LSI SAS 9207-8i.

> If your controller is an HBA, it is not a megaraid controller. By the way, did you mean 9207-8i, when you wrote 2907-8i? LSISAS9207-8i is an HBA, and it is NOT a MegaRaid controller, so I guess it shouldn't show up in the StorCLI.
>

> Why would you need the StorCLI?
I wanted to check and probably update the FW on the 9207 from 15 to 18,
as I seem to encounter an issue with a specific bug in the FW of those
models.

Thanks,
budy