[OmniOS-discuss] Rolling FW upgrade on LSI 9207

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Thu Jan 22 08:48:16 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I do have two zpools of mirrored vdevs, where each vdev is spread over
two LSI 9207-8i HBAs. Is it possible to perform a round-robin FW upgrade
on the LSI HBAs, without rebooting the box? I'd like to keep the zpools
up while I am performing the upgrade and I thought of breaking the
mirrors, performing the FW upgrade on the first 9207, re-attaching the
devices and doing the same again for the other half of the zpools vdevs.

Has anyone done this before, or is a host reboot mandantory?

Thanks,
budy