[OmniOS-discuss] pkg.niksula.hut.fi packages now signed

Lauri Tirkkonen lotheac at iki.fi
Thu Jul 30 12:17:52 UTC 2015

A heads up to anyone using our unofficial package repo at
pkg.niksula.hut.fi: we've started signing our packages and have
retroactively signed all our previously published packages.

Unfortunately pkg(1) refuses to install signed-but-not-verifiable
packages by default, even though it has no problems if the signatures
are not present. This means that any users of our repo will need to
configure their publishers to either trust our signing certificate or to
configure the per-publisher signature policy to ignore.

Here's a quick guide: http://pkg.niksula.hut.fi/static/index.html

--
Lauri Tirkkonen | lotheac @ IRCnet