[OmniOS-discuss] bug in powertop

Zach Malone wzmalone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 05:21:52 UTC 2015

I gave this a go on 151012 (014 isn't available as an AMI yet, and I
can't get the 006 AMI to accept a ssh key pair on instance creation),
and saw the same thing.  powertop appears to segfault in
string_to_decimal / libc.so.1.

I then tried rebuilding powertop from the OmniTI illumos-gate build
scripts, but found that omnios-build:build/illumos/build.sh is a
little fussy for the uninitiated.

This sounds like a libc or kernel change, but I can't imagine why it
would show up on both 012 and 014.  Maybe someone with a working build
environment can dig further?
--Zach Malone