[OmniOS-discuss] bug in powertop

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Jun 10 14:34:03 UTC 2015

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Zach Malone wrote:

> This sounds like a libc or kernel change, but I can't imagine why it
> would show up on both 012 and 014.  Maybe someone with a working build
> environment can dig further?

I have read that powertop uses DTrace probes under Illumos.  Does it
link against a dtrace library?  Has the interface changed?

Another possibility is the internationalization changes (from scratch
re-write) in Illumos.  Check the locale settings.  Locale settings
could influence string to decimal conversion.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn