[OmniOS-discuss] kvm networking

Graham Stephens graham at thestephensdomain.com
Wed Jun 10 10:10:43 UTC 2015

Thanks Dominik, that fits with the way it worked best during my
experimentation.
The unix socket is a good idea, I had wondered how to get round that.

It turns out that my issue was a complete newb one - I used tcpdump from
within the guest and found the packets were reaching the OS after all.
I had used the CLI to add rules to iptables on the guest for the mail
server, not realising that it was dumb and was appending the rules AFTER
the default-supplied REJECT rule. After re-writing and reloading the
ruleset, all is now well.

Thanks for the assistance and the tips.