[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: 014 and X540 on intel s2600

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Fri Jun 12 16:50:35 UTC 2015

Hi!

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
Från: Dan McDonald
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2015-06-12 18:35
Kopia: omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] 014 and X540 on intel s2600

> On Jun 12, 2015, at 11:07 AM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:
>
> We are trying to get an intel 10G network interface x540 to work
> on omnios r014. We do see the interface with
>
> $ dladm show-phys
>
> but it does not show any reaction when we plug an ethernet cable
> leading to a 1Gb switch port. It stays 'down'

This sounds familiar, but I'd have to go digging to see why.

It sounds familiar to me too. And I think I recall a discussion about the same issue, where the SFP's where involved. I believe they needed to be specific...?

Rgrds Johan

Also, officially I'm on vacation, but because of the openssl ABI fiasco, I'm actually reading mail and fixing openssl today.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate assistance,