[OmniOS-discuss] 014 and X540 on intel s2600

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Jun 16 07:44:28 UTC 2015

Friday Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> We are trying to get an intel 10G network interface x540 to work
> on omnios r014. We do see the interface with
>
> $ dladm show-phys
>
> but it does not show any reaction when we plug an ethernet cable
> leading to a 1Gb switch port. It stays 'down'

to resolve this ... it turnes out the customer had neglected to
plug the network cable in ...  and had steadfastly claimed that
everything was plugged propperly when we called him. Only today
when we called again and another member of staff went to check, he
found that no cable was connected to the port ...

To to recap ... x540 10 Gigabit Copper Ethernet ports work on
omnios r014 out of the box. IF the cable is plugged in.

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902