[OmniOS-discuss] Hello bloody folks! Check out preliminary gcc5.1 support

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Tue Jun 16 13:31:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>> Ah, I just looked at the make_package() function.  Out of (perhaps
>> morbid) curiosity, what are the obstacles?
>
> -bash-4.3$ pkg list nfs
> NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                    IFO
> service/file-system/nfs                           0.5.11-0.151015            i--
> system/file-system/nfs                            0.5.11-0.151015            i--
> -bash-4.3$
>
> Though those are in ON, to be fair.

Yeah, illumos-gate packages are kind of their own thing-- if manifests
there are wonky, they should be fixed upstream.  pkglint might be of
help there, nonetheless.

IM(V)HO we should be pkglinting all the omnios-build bits though.  In
saying that, I realize I should be doing the same for the repo *I*
manage.  ;)

/me goes to made a todo item...

>> This is mostly harmless, but as in your case here, it's creating
>> unnecessary work for you to change to gcc5.
>
> Since I've *done* the work already, however, are you okay with the existing changes. I've been running a gcc5'ed bloody on&off for the past 1-2 weeks.  I also have a gcc5 install ISO which I need to confirm, but I think I'm good. If you're good, I'll mark you as a reviewer, integrate, rebuild the world, and see if a conventional "pkg update" works on my pristine bloody system.

Yeah, let's possibly take it as a followup item to fix unnecessary
dependencies.  +1 from me.

Eric