[OmniOS-discuss] ipadm failing after first zone boot

Heinz Nikolaus Gies heinz at licenser.net
Sat Jun 6 20:45:10 UTC 2015

I noticed some rather odd behavior, to set up networking I use the following commands:

[GZ] dladm create-vnic -l bge0 net4 -p allowed-ips=10.0.0.111/32
(do zone creation wait until svc has reached svc:/milestone/sysconfig:default)
[NGZ] ipadm create-if net4
[NGZ] ipadm create-addr -T static  -a 10.0.0.111/24 net4/v4
ipadm: Could not create address: Operation not permitted on from-gz interface

Now thing become rather strange. Next, if I then reboot the zone and execute the failed command (create-addr) again it works and persists over reboots, however after the first boot it never does. This smells like some kind of bug to me.

---
Cheers,
Heinz Nikolaus Gies
heinz at licenser.net