[OmniOS-discuss] Adding a disk array after boot

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Jun 16 17:24:12 UTC 2015

15 июня 2015 г. 9:27:40 CEST, Dale Ghent <daleg at omniti.com> пишет:

>> On Jun 13, 2015, at 10:36 AM, Graham Stephens
><graham at thestephensdomain.com> wrote:

>serving
>try

>like
>as
>>>
>>> Each FC equipment I know of will issue a FC reset upon booting and
>>> OmniOS will pick that up. However, there is of course also a means
>of
>>> having the OmniOS box perform a FC reset on the bus which would also
>>> spurr a disk discovery, after which ZFS will happily import your
>>> formerly exportet(!) zpool without fuss.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> Ah! I hadn't thought to export the zpools first. If that's all I need
>to do then I'll be a very happy chap!
>
>Yes, do make sure that the zpools are first exported (which implies an
>unmount of its constituent filesystems) so that the disks are properly
>quiesced.
>
>In FC-land and on the device level, there are a few old commands you
>can issue to get the view of things once you unplug your array, or plug
>it back in:
>
># view configured FC drives and controllers
>cfgadm -al
>
># force a re-probe of a specific (FC) controller on the driver level
>cfgadm -c configure <controller, eg: c3>
>
># clean up no-longer present disk device links under /dev and /devices
>devfsadm -Cv disks
>
># forcibly re-create them if for some reason they aren’t around
>devfsadm -v disks
>
># if (a) drive(s) fails to show up on a known controller, send the
>whole thing a LIP (Loop Init Protocol) command
>fcinfo force-lip <controller port WWN>   (the old old OLD solaris
>command to do this was/is luxadm -e forecelip)
>
>/dale

You might also want to SMFize your pool instances and stuff that depends on the pool (zones, samba, etc.) along the lines of https://github.com/jimklimov/illumos-smf-zfspools and https://github.com/jimklimov/illumos-smf-zones - so you can just 'svcadm disable -ts myfcarray' and when that's done - unplug it.

Grab an ePDU and power it off/onn programmatically for bonus nerd points ;)

HTH,
Jim Klimov
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android