[OmniOS-discuss] Problem updating ms-omniti local repo

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Jun 17 14:15:26 UTC 2015

Hi Javier!

> Sorry I forgot to specify we are running 151014

Same here:

# uname -a
SunOS nfs 5.11 omnios-170cea2 i86pc i386 i86pc
# cat /etc/release
  OmniOS v11 r151014
  Copyright 2015 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
  Use is subject to license terms.
# pkg version
1427212657

> I think we had a small misunderstanding though: I don't have a
> problem with creating the repo, I in fact having it working now. I
> used your advice from your second email:

Ah, that is good.

> However, from the beginning, I've had a problem with updating it. I
> continue to receive this error message:
>
> #> pkgrecv -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ -d /path/ms.omniti.com/ '*'
> Processing packages for publisher omniti-ms ...
> Retrieving catalog ' http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ '...
> Unable to retrieve package data for publisher 'omniti-ms' from one
> of the following origin(s):

> http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/

> The catalog retrieved from one of the origin(s) listed above only
> contains package data for: ms.omniti.com.

> This is either a result of invalid origin information being provided
> for publisher 'omniti-ms', or because the wrong publisher name was
> provided when this publisher was added.

Yes, this message is annoying.  I tried to explain what I think why
this message appears.  However, the repository is good despite the
message.  Just ignore it.

> | # pkgrecv -p ms.omniti.com -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ -d
> /pkg/ms.omniti.com/ --clone
>
> We ran into a problem with this command-- "pkgrecv: Illegal option
> --p". Any idea what is going on here?

Maybe your pkgrecv simply does not have the -p option.  Your version of
pkg(5) might be too old.  This is the version I have in my 151014 system:

# pkg info pkg
          Name: package/pkg
                delivery system used on Oracle Solaris.  This package contains
                the core command-line components and pkg.depotd server.
      Category: System/Packaging
         State: Installed
     Publisher: omnios
       Version: 0.5.11
        Branch: 0.151014
Packaging Date: Thu Apr  2 18:43:07 2015
          Size: 11.75 MB
          FMRI: pkg://omnios/package/pkg@0.5.11-0.151014:20150402T184307Z

What does "pkg info pkg" show on your box?

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"