[OmniOS-discuss] Problem updating ms-omniti local repo

Lopez, Javier javier.lopez at trixter.de
Tue Jun 23 16:54:13 UTC 2015

Hello again,

I didn't notice that the server managing the updating process was running r151012 ... I'm sorry for that.

I've upgraded it to the r151014. So now:

# pkg info pkg
          Name: package/pkg
                delivery system used on Oracle Solaris.  This package contains
                the core command-line components and pkg.depotd server.
      Category: System/Packaging
         State: Installed
     Publisher: omnios
       Version: 0.5.11
        Branch: 0.151014
Packaging Date: April  2, 2015 06:43:07 PM
          Size: 11.75 MB
          FMRI: pkg://omnios/package/pkg@0.5.11-0.151014:20150402T184307Z
<<<

I've tried again following your instructions. The problem updating the repo is still here, I get the message:

# pkgrecv -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ -d /mnt/rpm-repo/omnios/ms.omniti.com/ -m all-timestamps '*'
Processing packages for publisher omniti-ms ...
Retrieving catalog 1/1 omniti-ms 115.63 kB
Unable to retrieve package data for publisher 'omniti-ms' from one
of the following origin(s):

http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/

The catalog retrieved from one of the origin(s) listed above only
contains package data for: ms.omniti.com.

This is either a result of invalid origin information being provided
for publisher 'omniti-ms', or because the wrong publisher name was
provided when this publisher was added.

Retrieving and evaluating 1492 package(s)...
PROCESS                                         ITEMS    GET (MB)   SEND (MB)
network/iftop                                  1/1492      0/6591     0/19490
pkgrecv: 'open' failed for transaction ID '1376680458_pkg%3A%2F%2Fms.omniti.com%2Fnetwork%2Fiftop%401.0.2%2C5.11-0.151006%3A20130816T191418Z': The specified FMRI, 'pkg://ms.omniti.com/network/iftop@1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191418Z', already exists or has been restricted.

pkgrecv: Cached files were preserved in the following directory:
        /var/tmp/pkgrecv-T0Njj3
Use pkgrecv -c to resume the interrupted download.
<<<

As you can see, the initial error is the same as the one I sent to you earlier. This is the error you told me to ignore earlier, and the process does still run but is stopped by the error above as it tries to retrieve packages. Sometimes it is able to retrieve and evaluate a number of packages before it halts.

Are you able to get all the packages even when you get the initial error when you're trying to update the repo? This is the big question for me.

In case this helps, I did the same process with another repo and it works fine:

# pkgrecv -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014/ -d /mnt/rpm-repo/omnios/r151014/ -m all-timestamps '*'
Processing packages for publisher omnios ...
Retrieving and evaluating 1882 package(s)...
PROCESS                                         ITEMS    GET (MB)   SEND (MB)
Completed                                     865/865 225.9/225.9 541.2/541.2
<<<

If I try again nothing happens (because it is already updated?)

# pkgrecv -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014/ -d /mnt/rpm-repo/omnios/r151014/ -m all-timestamps '*'
Processing packages for publisher omnios ...
Retrieving and evaluating 1882 package(s)...
<<<

Before:

# pkgrepo info -s /mnt/rpm-repo/omnios/r151014/
PUBLISHER PACKAGES STATUS           UPDATED
omnios    1016     online           2015-06-14T16:01:01.659806Z
<<<

After:

# pkgrepo info -s /mnt/rpm-repo/omnios/r151014/
PUBLISHER PACKAGES STATUS           UPDATED
omnios    1016     online           2015-06-23T16:19:00.901415Z
<<<

Thank you so much for your time. :)
Regards Javier.