[OmniOS-discuss] Problem updating ms-omniti local repo

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Tue Jun 23 17:38:02 UTC 2015

I wrote:

> The package has a
> duplicate package name in the metadata:
>
>   # pkg contents -m -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ network/iftop | fgrep pkg.fmri
>   [...error message omitted...]
>   set name=pkg.fmri value=pkg://ms.omniti.com/network/iftop@1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191418Z
>   set name=pkg.fmri value=pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/network/iftop@1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191228Z

This is wrong.  I should have asked for the full version:

  # pkg contents -m -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ network/iftop at 1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191418Z
  [...error message omitted...]
  set name=pkg.fmri value=pkg://ms.omniti.com/network/iftop@1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191418Z
  set name=pkg.renamed value=true
  set name=variant.opensolaris.zone value=global value=nonglobal
  depend fmri=pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/network/iftop type=require

This is just a normal "renamed" package.  I can't really see what the
problem is here.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"