[OmniOS-discuss] Problem updating ms-omniti local repo

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Tue Jun 23 17:30:49 UTC 2015

Hello Javier!

> Unable to retrieve package data for publisher 'omniti-ms' from one
> of the following origin(s):
>
> http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/
>
> The catalog retrieved from one of the origin(s) listed above only
> contains package data for: ms.omniti.com.

I guess that this could be the result of an error in the IPS software.
Maybe the "omniti-ms" in the pkg origin URI makes pkgrecv think that
this should be the publisher name.  It could also be because at one
time the repository hosted at "http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/"
really did contain packages for the publisher "ms-omniti".

FWIW a "pkg list -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/" will give a
similar but slightly longer message:

  Unable to retrieve package data for publisher 'omniti-ms' from one
  of the following origin(s):

  http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/

  The catalog retrieved from one of the origin(s) listed above only
  contains package data for: ms.omniti.com.

  To resolve this issue, correct the origin information provided for
  publisher 'omniti-ms' using the pkg set-publisher subcommand, or re-add
  the publisher using the correct name and remove the 'omniti-ms'
  publisher.

  To re-add this publisher with the correct name, execute the following
  commands as a privileged user:

  pkg set-publisher -P -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ ms.omniti.com
  pkg unset-publisher omniti-ms

This advice is bogus because the publisher was never set to "omniti-ms"
in the first place. :-(

Anyway, you can safely ignore this message because "ms.omniti.com" is the
publisher you want.

> PROCESS                                         ITEMS    GET (MB)   SEND (MB)
> network/iftop                                  1/1492      0/6591     0/19490
> pkgrecv: 'open' failed for transaction ID '1376680458_pkg%3A%2F%2Fms.omniti.com%2Fnetwork%2Fiftop%401.0.2%2C5.11-0.151006%3A20130816T191418Z': The specified FMRI, 'pkg://ms.omniti.com/network/iftop@1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191418Z', already exists or has been restricted.

[...]

> As you can see, the initial error is the same as the one I sent to you
> earlier. This is the error you told me to ignore earlier

Hmmm... I think I said to ignore the other error above.  The "'open failed'"
error is a bug in the repo and can only be fixed locally.  I cannot
really tell what "restricted" means.  The package has a duplicate
package name in the metadata:

  # pkg contents -m -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ network/iftop | fgrep pkg.fmri
  [...error message omitted...]
  set name=pkg.fmri value=pkg://ms.omniti.com/network/iftop@1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191418Z
  set name=pkg.fmri value=pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/network/iftop@1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191228Z

The second entry should be removed.  That is really the name of the
new package the old "network/iftop" package was renamed to.

Unfortunately it is not possible to tell pkgrecv "give me everything
*except* "network/iftop at 1.0.2,5.11-0.151006:20130816T191418Z".  You could
retrieve a list of the latest version all packages in the repo and ask for
those packages explicitly.  This could be scripted.  Unfortunately, I do
not have time for that at the moment.

> Are you able to get all the packages even when you get the initial error
> when you're trying to update the repo? This is the big question for me.

No, I get exactly the same error.

Dan & Eric, can you help?

Thanks -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"