[OmniOS-discuss] snmp fm extension issue

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Jun 25 15:03:49 UTC 2015

> On Jun 25, 2015, at 4:11 AM, Mark <mark0x01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have encountered an issue when including the fmd extension into the snmp config.
> I have older openindiana systems running this configuration (all 64 bit installs) and have not had a problem.
>
> This is the only x86 system I have - not sure why it picked x86, as it should run 64bit - although the hardware is about four years old-  so it might be specific to the x86 flavour.
>
> An snmpwalk will eventually timeout when the oid reaches the extension range.

Grab the pstack(1) of the process that's timing out.

> dlmod sunFM /usr/lib/fm/libfmd_snmp.so.1

That's the 32-bit process library:

bloody(~/ws/mdi-patch)[1]% ls /usr/lib/fm/amd64/*snmp*
/usr/lib/fm/amd64/libfmd_snmp.so@    /usr/lib/fm/amd64/llib-lfmd_snmp.ln
/usr/lib/fm/amd64/libfmd_snmp.so.1*
bloody(~/ws/mdi-patch)[0]%

> SunOS nzakl3nas05 5.11 omnios-a708424 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
> Is this a known problem ?

This is the first I've heard about it, but I don't use SNMP/libsnmp with FMA.