[OmniOS-discuss] Zfs encryption

Zach Malone wzmalone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:32:06 UTC 2015

ZFS encryption happened after Oracle, and last time I checked, no one had
built something similar in Illumos.

You can use lofiadm with encryption to build block devices, and then build
your zpool out of those. That's what I did the last time I needed disk
encryption.

I think I referenced
https://blogs.oracle.com/darren/entry/encrypting_zfs_pools_using_lofi , but
it's been a while.