[OmniOS-discuss] Schedule for a new kernel update on OmniOS r151014?

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Jun 29 15:07:08 UTC 2015

 According to the OmniOS source repository's changelogs, there's a
fix in the r151014 branch that we're quite interested in:
	3783 Flow control is needed in rpcmod when the NFS server is
	unable to keep up with the network

As far as I know this fix is not in the initial release version of
r1501014 (it's dated from after then) or in updates since then.

(The wiki is confusing on this. On the one hand the
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151014 page says that
the April 20th update brings the system up to illumos-omnios branch
r151014 at 2cac697. On the other hand, that commit is dated May 12th,
well after the nominal April 20th date, and the latest kernel update my
r151014 test system shows was applied in early May and has a version
date component of '20150417' (and 'uname -a' matches the April 20th
kernel version).)

 So: does anyone know when the next OmniOS kernel update is likely
to be released? Is there a schedule for this (vague or otherwise)?
Am I just looking in the wrong place to spot an available update?

(I've done 'pkg refresh' and checked 'pkg update -nv', with nothing
visible.)

 Thanks in advance.

	- cks