[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS / Nappit slow iscsi / ZFS performance with Proxmox

Steffen Wagner mail at steffenwagner.com
Thu Sep 3 11:18:14 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

- I am running several VLANs for splitting them up. I have one VLAN for
Cluster communication (all nodes are connected through LACP Channel) and
one VLAN (also LACP Channel) for VM Traffic.
The storage an app servers are direct attached with 10GbE, so all
networks are definately splitted.

- I have set MTU to 9000 and enabled Jumbo Frames in my HP Procurve
Switch..

Meanwhile I got some performance improvements with setting recordsize
for pool to 64k and enabling write back cache for all LU's...
I have about 250MB/s with random tests (load of tank is then around
40-50%), which is quite good and okay for me.

If someone has more helpful advices to tune comstar / ZFS / ...
parameters I appreciate this highly!

Thank you very much,
Steffen

--