[OmniOS-discuss] openssh on omnios

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Sep 3 21:37:28 UTC 2015

Just wondering if there was any further news on this. Joyent just pushed out
a change to their illumos branch that removes SunSSH completely and replaces
it with OpenSSH which made me think about it :). They actually tweaked
upstream OpenSSH to accept some of the SunSSH specific options and in a
couple other minor ways be more compatible as a drop in replacement.
Personally I don't care about that, vanilla openssh would work for me :),
but their changes might be of interest to other omnios users, or if openssh
becomes the default omnios ssh implementation rather than an optional after
install replacement.

Thanks.