[OmniOS-discuss] r151014 users - beware of illumos 6214 and L2ARC

Paul Jochum paul.jochum at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Sep 11 18:24:50 UTC 2015

Hi All:

     I had a lot of servers (each with more than 1 zpool on them), so I
wrote a quick and dirty little script to find all of the cache drives
and remove them.  It doesn't have any type of error checking in it, but
unless you remove the three hash marks on the line "### zpool remove $i
$j), it won't do anything either (other than save a copy of your current
zpool status under /root/zpool_status-15-09-11.with_cache)s.  Hope this
help some of you:

export DATE=`date '+%y-%m-%d'`

# Start by getting a current copy of the status
zpool status > /root/zpool_status-$DATE.with_cache

# find all of the pools on the server
for i in `zpool list -H -o name`
do
         # now, get all of the cache drives from that pool
         # (the sed script grabs the lines from "cache" to "spares"
         # the greps remove the "cache" and "spares" line
         # and the awk print the first item from each line, which is
         # the name of the drive
         for j in `zpool status $i | sed -n '/cache/,/spares/p' | \
                 grep -v cache | grep -v spares | \
                 awk '{print $1}'`
         do
                 echo "zpool remove $i $j"
               # uncomment the next line, when you are ready to really
run this
                ### zpool remove $i $j
         done
done