[OmniOS-discuss] r151014 users - beware of illumos 6214 - steps to check and repair...

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Mon Sep 14 16:20:47 UTC 2015

What is the recommended action on OmniOS 151014 about the L2Arc Problem

1. what is the recommended way to detect possible problems
   a. run scrub? seems useless
   b. run zdb pool and check for what
      You said:  Look for assertion failures, or other non-0 exits. Is
this the key for a corrupt pool?

2. when using an L2Arc and there is no obvious error detected by scrub
or zdb
   a. trash the pool and restore from backup  via rsync with possible
file corruptions but ZFS structure is 100% ok then
   b. keep the pool and hope that there is no metadata corruption?
   c. some action to verify that at least the pool is ok: ....

3. when using an L2Arc and there is an error detected by scrub or zdb
   a. trash the pool and restore from backup with possible file
corruption but pool is 100% ok
   b. keep the pool and hope that there is no metadata corruption
   c. some action to verify that at least the pool is ok: ....

Is there an alert page at OmniOS wiki about?

Gea