[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS Bloody update

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Sep 15 20:28:28 UTC 2015

Technically I think they're working on getting sunssh out of illumos-core, but not necessarily replacing it with openssh. It sounded like their intention is to have distributions package openssh like they do other third-party packages and simply not have a ssh implementation in the actual illumo source code base. But their patches to openssh to make it work better in smartos would probably be useful in an omnios package as well.