[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS Bloody update

Lauri Tirkkonen lotheac at iki.fi
Wed Sep 16 10:49:24 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14 2015 23:46:11 -0400, Dan McDonald wrote:
> There have been some fixes there, but I'm not sure if it's all there.
> I do know one has to use --reject options to make a switch.
>
> Lauri "lotheac" Tirkkonen can provide more details.  Also note - there
> is an effort to replace sunssh with OpenSSh altogether.

OpenSSH is installable in bloody with:

    pkg install --reject pkg:/network/ssh --reject pkg:/network/ssh/ssh-key --reject pkg:/service/network/ssh pkg:/network/openssh pkg:/network/openssh-server

It's a bit unwieldy, but does work -- the rejects are necessary to tell
the pkg solver that it's okay to uninstall those packages (and satisfy
the dependencies with openssh ones instead).

There's at least one more problem with this change, though, and that is
that openssh seems to be the default in new installs. I'm discussing
that with Dan, but I suspect it's going to be a blocker for backporting.

--
Lauri Tirkkonen | lotheac @ IRCnet