[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS Bloody update

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Sep 17 11:54:56 UTC 2015

16 сентября 2015 г. 12:49:24 CEST, Lauri Tirkkonen <lotheac at iki.fi> пишет:
>On Mon, Sep 14 2015 23:46:11 -0400, Dan McDonald wrote:
>> There have been some fixes there, but I'm not sure if it's all there.
>> I do know one has to use --reject options to make a switch.
>>
>> Lauri "lotheac" Tirkkonen can provide more details.  Also note -
>there
>> is an effort to replace sunssh with OpenSSh altogether.
>
>OpenSSH is installable in bloody with:
>
>pkg install --reject pkg:/network/ssh --reject pkg:/network/ssh/ssh-key
>--reject pkg:/service/network/ssh pkg:/network/openssh
>pkg:/network/openssh-server
>
>It's a bit unwieldy, but does work -- the rejects are necessary to tell
>the pkg solver that it's okay to uninstall those packages (and satisfy
>the dependencies with openssh ones instead).
>
>There's at least one more problem with this change, though, and that is
>that openssh seems to be the default in new installs. I'm discussing
>that with Dan, but I suspect it's going to be a blocker for
>backporting.

Is there some defimitive list of functional difference between OpenSSH vanilla and SunSSH as of today (given the latter started as a fork of the former, IIRC)? Am I wrong to think the benefits of SunSSH revolved around integration with Solaris security features like RBAC and PAM? Was there more to it? Why is it hard to upstream and just get the common (or specially ifdef'ed) OPENSSH to become SUNSSH + more new features/bugfixes, and not maintain and reconcile two forks?

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android