[OmniOS-discuss] pkg repos broken?

Michael Talbott mtalbott at lji.org
Wed Apr 6 06:02:18 UTC 2016

All of a sudden I started getting the below errors on all of my OmniOS boxes when using pkg. Are the repos broken or did all of my servers break somehow at the same time?

I've removed each of the publishers and re-added them one at a time thinking maybe it's a particular one, but, I can't seem to isolate it to just one of them, so I suspect there might be something that broke on my end.. But it's happening on multiple boxes which makes me very suspicious.

pkg output says "caching catalogs..." then disappears right before the error message kicks out.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

root at store1:/root# cat /etc/release
  OmniOS v11 r151014
  Copyright 2015 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
  Use is subject to license terms.
root at store1:/root# pkg update -nv
pkg: 2/3 catalogs successfully updated:

Invalid contentpath /var/pkg/cache/incoming-1202/catalog.attrs: CatalogPart failed validation: Catalog file '/var/pkg/cache/incoming-1202/catalog.attrs' is invalid.
Use 'pkgrepo rebuild' to create a new package catalog.. (happened 4 times)

root at store1:/root# pkg refresh --full
pkg: 2/3 catalogs successfully updated:

Invalid contentpath /var/pkg/cache/incoming-1214/catalog.attrs: CatalogPart failed validation: Catalog file '/var/pkg/cache/incoming-1214/catalog.attrs' is invalid.
Use 'pkgrepo rebuild' to create a new package catalog.. (happened 4 times)

root at store1:/root# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
omnios                      origin   online F http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151014/
ms.omniti.com               origin   online F http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/
perl.omniti.com              origin   online F http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-perl/
root at store1:/root#