[OmniOS-discuss] Caiman issues with certain timezones

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Fri Apr 8 14:58:22 UTC 2016

> So my quick question to you all: for r151018 (and backporting), do you
> prefer a nicer-looking installer that craps out if you select Africa,
> Europe, or Asia?  Or do you prefer a sketchier-looking one that works
> for all timezones out of the box?  I'm cutting the last 017 bloody
> with this, so you can try it out yourself when it shows up.

 In the picture you attached, it's fairly hard to follow what's going on
and what you should do. My gut feeling is that it would be relatively
unpleasant to use even for people familiar with the OmniOS installer.

 Of course, I'm not being affected by the timezone issue so it's easy
for me to prioritize being able to follow what the installer wants over
'not crashing when I try to install'. But that's my selfish bias.

	- cks