[OmniOS-discuss] Caiman issues with certain timezones

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Apr 8 20:15:58 UTC 2016

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 8:58 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> So my quick question to you all:  for r151018 (and backporting), do you prefer a nicer-looking installer that craps out if you select Africa, Europe, or Asia?  Or do you prefer a sketchier-looking one that works for all timezones out of the box?  I'm cutting the last 017 bloody with this, so you can try it out yourself when it shows up.

So far my answers seem to be:

* Just iconv the source files!  My experience with that shows "Côte d'Ivoire" becomes "C?te d'Ivoire", which is also annoying.  OTOH, it appears that "country.tab" is the only one I really need to mess-with.

* It looks really ugly, but I'm not affected by foreign timezones so I'm not the best to ask.

IF I can get country.tab to show up ONLY on the ISO as iconv'ed, I might do that.

More opinions welcome, and help also welcome, as I don't know enough about distro_const to make this happen painlessly.