[OmniOS-discuss] Pre-018 bloody now out

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Wed Apr 13 12:09:57 UTC 2016

Just one oddity:

# pkg update
No updates available for this image.
zsh: exit 4     pkg update
# pkg list -u
NAME (PUBLISHER)                  VERSION                    IFO
developer/gnu-binutils            2.25-0.151017              i--

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Andy Fiddaman wrote:

;
; On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Dan McDonald wrote:
;
; ; In anticipation of r151018's release, the bloody that will essentially comprise r151018 is now available for "pkg update" and for ISO/USB/Kayak download from the OmniOS Installation page:
; ;
; ; 	http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Installation
;
; Thanks Dan, I've just upgraded one of our test servers to this with no
; problems using the following process. I'll do some more testing but it
; looks good so far. There are no non-global zones on this server however.
;
;   beadm create bloody
;   mkdir /tmp/bloody
;   beadm mount bloody /tmp/bloody
;   pkg -R /tmp/bloody set-publisher \
;         -G http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151016/ \
;         -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/bloody/ \
; 	--unset-property signature-policy \
; 	omnios
;   pkg -R /tmp/bloody update
;   beadm umount bloody
;   beadm activate bloody
;
; Andy
;
Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123