[OmniOS-discuss] Silly very-long-term question

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:00:24 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 4:15 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> How many  folks in the audience are running 32-bit binaries that HAVE to
> be 32-bit for whatever reason?  The Y2038 problem crossed my mind today,
> and the easy permanent cure is to cut off support for 32-bit userland.

I'm pretty sure that the day job doesn't have anything that is irredeemably
32-bit.
We build what we use from source anyway, and virtually everything is 64-bit
already.

(Speaking from a wider context, there's a huge amount of stuff that needs
fixing,
and it's a pile of work.)

Don't worry, this isn't a question that'll affect bloody or r151022... heck
> it probably won't affect r151030 (SUBSEQUENT LTS), but I am curious.

But r151102 then...

--
-Peter Tribble