[OmniOS-discuss] Gimmie a Connection

cristian pancià hazzino at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:08:55 UTC 2016

Tried smartOs just as a virtualized SO, i wanna get a step
forward.Installed OmniOS, on my Laptop

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/390/0/2/dQ05pflVfztxEczD/36/

On the chat some friendly guy suggested to put the Vendor and Product info
into the file /etc/driver_aliases done at the level of atge, inserted the
text, but after the reboot i had a strange error like product not
reckognized and card with reciving errors so i could ping or transmit but
no way to establish a connection.
My questions or request
1 Why the Distro gives install more drivers doesn't work if not why keeping
on that option?
2 Has someone a working atge driver to post me no package cause i can't
connect to the web and doing a repo on my hard disk is too huge or do you
have any idea for a simple one?with tips?

3 I spent 30Euro for a USB3toGigabit (
http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=131;71;112)
presuming it would work but i haven't see any driver around, if yes binary?

Now i will appreciate everyone who could help me.
thank you
PS is vmadm full functional as in smartOS is imgadm present too?