[OmniOS-discuss] How to do networking between host and KVM guest?

Gordon Selisek gordon at hafnia.dk
Mon Feb 15 12:27:13 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I ran into a problem, how to do networking between host and KVM guest?

I read a lot of oracle documentation, but the virtual networking seems to be enough differently implemented, so that i can't wrap my head around it and apply it to omniOS.

This is what i have, and the guest can communicate with the outside world and the host. The host communicate with the outside world, but not the guest. And if i assaign an address to vnic0, then the guest can not communicate with the host.

dladm show-link

LINK        CLASS     MTU    STATE    BRIDGE     OVER

e1000g0     phys      1500   up       --         --

vnic0       vnic      1500   up       --         e1000g0

ipadm show-addr

ADDROBJ           TYPE     STATE        ADDR

lo0/v4            static   ok           127.0.0.1/8

e1000g0/lan       static   ok           192.168.200.190/24

lo0/v6            static   ok           ::1/128

Any hints? please?

Cordial regards

Gordon