[OmniOS-discuss] pkg.depot leaves trash in /tmp

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Feb 15 16:02:30 UTC 2016

> > It looks like every time I restart one of my pkg.depot services (via SMF of
> > course) it leaves an empty tmp dir in /tmp.  E.g., currently I have:
> >
> > root at pkg:/root# ls /tmp/
> > jam56725b1b.000  tmp5iDpG8  tmpIo_2sK  tmpPHwxZq  tmp_BxvKY  tmpczrTLp
> > tmphSuu64  tmpqmn5U1  tmpvtu316
[...]
> Something deep in pkg5 or even generic python is doing this.  A full OmniOS-on-demand build leaves a ton of empty tmp files around as well.  :-/

Stock Solaris also does this.  This behavior is quite annoying and has
been on my "must-track-down-and-destroy-if-ever-I-find-the-time" list
for many months now. :-(

Maybe it will go away eventually in upstream IPS...

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"