[OmniOS-discuss] pkg.depot leaves trash in /tmp

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Feb 15 19:41:17 UTC 2016

> On Feb 15, 2016, at 10:50 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> Something deep in pkg5 or even generic python is doing this.  A full OmniOS-on-demand build leaves a ton of empty tmp files around as well.  :-/

I think I figured out the OmniOS-on-demand one.  The 1.10.0 version of "numpy" generates a TON during its build.  Updating that to 1.10.2 eliminates a good chunk of them.

	https://github.com/numpy/numpy/commit/381d67126b6ed1b4f36943bd147e208e8e57371b

I do suspect the tempdirs Python API is being improperly used in other areas as well.