[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: How to do networking between host and KVM guest?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Feb 16 00:08:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Gordon Selisek wrote:

> I read here that "By default, networking between the control domain and other domains in the system is disabled."
>
> https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19608-01/html/821-1485/enablenetworkbtwncsdomainandotherdomains.html
>
> And here you need to do some etherstub plumbing with ifconfig, whcich i don't believe omniOS can do.

This is Oracle documentation for logical domains on SPARC (Oracle VM
Server for SPARC 2.0 Administration Guide), which you likely do not
have, particularly since you are using OmniOS.

You should remove the IP address assignment on the vnic which was
assigned by the host, as was suggested by Dominik Hassler.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn