[OmniOS-discuss] Question on puppet agent for OmniOS

Trey Palmer trey at mailchimp.com
Wed Feb 17 21:37:28 UTC 2016

Paul,

We run the OpenCSW packages, puppet3 and facter2, and they work fine.
They happen to line up with the versions we run on our primary platform.
You need to install facter2 first, or puppet3 will install facter 1.7.6 to
fulfill its dependency.

I have set up an IPS repo and built puppet packages in the past, but I
haven't taken the time to do so here given that the CSW packages work and
OmniOS is a limited-use platform.

    -- Trey

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Paul Jochum <paul.jochum at alcatel-lucent.com