[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151016 zone has difficulties shutting down

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Jan 4 15:30:35 UTC 2016

4 января 2016 г. 14:48:11 CET, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> пишет:

>> On Dec 31, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Bob Friesenhahn
><bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>>
>> I am accessing the system via ssh which uses '~.' to terminate the
>ssh session.  This is also the default shutdown sequence for 'zlogin
>-C'. The idea is that after doing some initial administration using
>'zlogin -C', the "~." sequence was used to quit it.  This terminates
>the ssh session rather than the zone console login.  While subsequent
>'zlogin -C' works, it may be that the unclean/violent termination of
>the zone console login has left behind residue which prevents the zone
>from shutting down.
>
>Dumb questions:  which ssh client, and which ssh server?
>
>It's highly possible the process you have simply backgrounds once ssh
>quits.  Knowing which server + client combo may help... especially
>given that you now have OpenSSH doing a lot more in recent OmniOS
>updates.
>
>Dan

Just in case, also note that you can pass the sequence through compliant clients by stacking e.g. ~~. (after a newline generally so everyone picks it up). So you might want to end ssh+zlogin sessions with

ENTER
~~.
~.

if only to see if this behaves differently.

Other things that might block a zone are processes with CWD under zone root (e.g. managing its files from GZ with a Midnight Commander session); maybe the abruptly dead zlogin leaves some lock of this sort...

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android