[OmniOS-discuss] COMSTAR hanging

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Jan 6 02:59:38 UTC 2016

So this is the second time this has happened to me. The COMSTAR layer appears to be getting hung. At first I thought it was just the IB/SRP target stuff, but the iSCSI target also stops working. So far the only solution I’ve found is a reboot.

This is very concerning and I’d like to try to get it figured out.

The next time it happens, what is the best course of action in order to get the information you all need to debug this? I’m assuming force a crashdump, but is there anything else I could be doing?

Thanks!

-brian

PS: Latest OmniOS-stable