[OmniOS-discuss] NTP 4.2.8p6 is out, OpenSSL coming soon

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jan 27 16:59:37 UTC 2016

Both LTS and Stable now have the newest NTP in their repo.  If you're an NTP server, please "pkg update" as soon as you can, because it's a security patch.

Also, we are aware of OpenSSL 1.0.2f coming out tomorrow.  There will be travel among the OmniOS team, however, and so we may be slower-than-normal in getting it out (depending on the 1.0.2f release timings, flights, layovers, delays, wifi availability, etc. etc.).  It should be ready before FOSDEM begins this weekend.

Speaking of FOSDEM, I will be speaking there on Sunday at 12noon, and hanging around the illumos booth the rest of the time.