[OmniOS-discuss] Slow CIFS Writes when using Moca 2.0 Adapter

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Jan 28 21:58:39 UTC 2016

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016, Mini Trader wrote:

> Turns out that running svcadm restart smb/server after tuning the send and receive buffers has fixed the problem.  I can now
> transfer at nearly 1GBe both up and down!
> Problem has been resolved :)

The next problem you may encounter is that MoCA is basically
half-duplex so performance will suffer with two-way traffic.  MoCA is
not at all like Ethernet although it passes Ethernet frames.  It
"bundles" multiple frames which happens to be going to the same place
because it seems like it is slow to turn the pipe around.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn