[OmniOS-discuss] recovering deleted files from ZFS?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Mar 14 18:28:46 UTC 2016

The very long-shot chance is to export the pool (after backing it recent changes), use zdb to see what its current TXG number is, and re-import the pool with an earlier TXG number using -T.  You'll lose files or changes created after the old TXG, AND if it's been a long enough time or a full enough pool, you won't get back to that TXG.

It's an extraordinary measure, one I wouldn't take unless I was truly desperate.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)