[OmniOS-discuss] header/library mismatch

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Mar 18 15:23:38 UTC 2016

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 11:12 AM, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc at josefsipek.net> wrote:
>
> I think it'd be fair to include a dependency in
> pkg:/system/library restrict which combo of headers & libc can be installed.
> E.g., something like:
>
> 	depend type=incorporate fmri=pkg:/system/header at 0.5.11-0.151016:2016...
>
> Dan & other IPS gurus: any thoughts about this?

I'm wary of incorporate dependencies because of how they've been abused in non-gate IPS packages.  Often those incorporate dependencies block upgrades.

OTOH, system/library and system/header are peas in a pod, and live in the same build space, so it's possible this would be a good idea.

Someone should experiment with that.  I more than a coinflip's certain, however, it won't be making it into r151018. (i.e. Someone will have to strongly convince me otherwise.)